11/6/13

Top 5 | Favorite Mascaras

Hello my loves!

Today I wanted to share my top 5 mascaras with you all. I'm a huge mascara person verses a lash kind of girl. Lashes are fun for those simply days of wearing bright lipstick or special occasions, but mascara is one of my key weapons. Mascara helps to open your eyes for any look. You can go from flirty to sultry to bedroom eyes in seconds with a good mascara.
I have a ton of mascaras that I love to use, but lately, these are the ones that have been gravitating towards since the beginning of summer. I have purchased these over and over again. I have a combination of drugstore and high end mascaras to appeal to all types of beauty buyers. Each mascara does different things for my lashes which goes great with however I want my lashes to look.

#1 - Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara (waterproof) -
Now, mega volume goes mega plush. Our first gel-mousse mascara with 40% less hard waxes for massive volume with a supple touch. Extra-soft, patented Flexor Brush caresses lashes. Lashes never brittle or flaky. Retails for about $7.99 USD.
First lash shot: No Mascara.
Second lash shot: With 3 Coats of Mascara.
I love how this mascara helps to define my lashes and separates them. It doesn't give me length or volume, but it defines them and makes them black. The gel formula was weird at first because I'm not use to that kind of consistency, but as I used it I began to realize that it coats my lashes well and even though it's waterproof my lashes still feel soft and smooth. This is definitely my favorite basic every day mascara.

#2 - Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara -
An everyday essential for lashes. Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara has an innovative, all-in-one formula that lengthens, thickens, and defines-without smearing, smudging or clumping. With special conditioning and strengthening ingredients for beautiful, luscious lashes. Retails for $25 USD.
First lash shot: No Mascara.
Second lash shot: With 2 Coats of Mascara.
This baby is by far amazing -- it sepearate my lashes and gives me length so I'll I'd have to do is curl my lashes, pop on 2-3 coats and jog right out the door. It gives my lashes a soft feel to it as well. This is another favorite every day mascara.

#3 - Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara (waterproof) -
Colossal lashes go fully feline in one stroke. Lush Collagen formula and claw brush fill out lashes up to 8 x the volume with fabulous cat-like corners, instantly. It's wild! Retails for about $7.99 USD.
First lash shot: No Mascara.
Second lash shot: With 2 Coats ofMascara.
Cat eyes, meow! This gives me that flare that I want when I'm wearing nothing but BB Cream, blush and lipstick. It definitely gives me the volume, length and curl that I desire. I get mine in waterproof because I like how waterproof mascaras holds my curl. This is a great mascara for any ocassion.

#4 - Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara -
The secret behind doll lashes, finally revealed! Lancôme's most flirtatious lash look. A volumized, extended and full lash fringe for a wide-eye look. The secret behind this amazing result? A new, unique, cone-shaped brush provides an extremely smooth and clean application, precisely defining even your hard-to-reach corners and lower lashes. Combined with the exclusively developed FiberShineTM formula, it sculpts, curls and loads each lash for the ultimate shiny lash fringe. Lift and thicken every single lash without weighing it down. Push up your lashes for your most flirty, wide open eye look. Retails for $27 USD.
I'm not the type to really spends tons of money on makeup for myself personally because I can find better ways to use the money -- I do splurge for my freelance kit. However, when I was working for Lancôme I have come to love their makeup products. This mascara definitely gives me doll like lashes. The length that it gives me with a bit flare to it just screams "Look at me! Stare into my lovely eyes." I would recommend this mascara to any and everyone.

#5 - Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara -
Show stopping volume mascara that provides weightless volume, luscious length, 24 hour wear. Weightless Volume, Defined and Lengthened Lashes. Dual-sided brush perfectly coats lashes and maximizes the performance of the long wearing, waterproof formula.  The result is layerable, weightless volume and luscious length that lasts 24 hours. Retails for $28 USD.
Another Lancôme favorite of mine that honestly tops any mascara I own! It's my high end holy grail mascara. This mascara is their Betty Boop themed mascara. This came out last fall/winter with 2 or 3 lustrous eyeshadows (have a review coming soon on those amazing babies). When you think of Betty Boop and her makeup you instantly think of her red lip and her spidery, long, doll-like lashes. This mascara gives it all! Length, volume, definition, flare -- it's outstanding. Even though the formula is a bit wet and can be tricky to work with, it does not clump when I apply 3-4 coats of it. Is it worth the price? Yes it is!!!!

I enjoy mascaras and will contine shopping for them because they are a key part of all my makeup looks. Mascara can make any look go from drab to fab in seconds. Don't believe me? Grab a mascara (or two) that adds volume and length and see the difference for yourself!

What are your favorites mascaras?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that everyone leaves. Please don't hesitate to leave one! I love hearing from you :)

Thanks for visiting! <3


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected