8/7/15

Skincare Review | SK-II

 Hello my loves!

I recently did an unboxing of some SK-II products that I received for review courtesy of BzzAgent (click here) and now I'm back to do my full review and final thoughts of the products I received. I have used these products for a total of 7 days now and I'm excited to share my thoughts with you all.

I received the following in my kit: 1 fl oz bottle of the Facial Treatment Essence, 1 full size of the Facial Treatment Mask and a 0.51 oz container of the Essential Power Cream. The mask was great for one use. The Facial Treatment Essence has enough product to last me another 4 or 5 days. The Essential Power Cream should last me another 2-3 weeks depending on how I use it; either once or twice daily.
When I first received these products I was totally ecstatic about it because I've been dying to try some SK-II skincare products. I have heard so many great things about this brand and I'm a sucker for great skincare products.

Before I began into my thoughts on each of the products I want to share some quick information on the brands essential ingredient:
It all began with a stunning realization at a sake brewery in Japan. Over a decade of exhaustive research later, SK-II discovered Pitera™ — the secret to crystal clear skin 
This miracle ingredient is at the core of the revolutionary products SK-II offers. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a liquid concentrate with 90% Pitera™ in every bottle. SK-II Facial Treatment Masks deliver an indulgent concentration of Pitera™ in a single application. SK-II Essential Power Cream contains Stem-Acanax and Pitera™ to radically improve firmness and reduce wrinkles. Your future isn’t limited by your DNA. With the right regimen, you can change your skin’s destiny. 
I must say that I am absolutely obsessed with their products. I cannot explain how much joy these products bring me. The results where quick, my skin feels hydrated and it's just a match made in heaven.
I have used these products for a week with having a dry patch on my face due to an insect bite and this not only added extreme hydrating which stopped the dryness, but also healed the mark unbelievably!

Keep in mind: I have only been using these products once a day in the morning, but it is recommended to use them twice daily. If I was using these products as instructed I am pretty sure the results would be even more outstanding.

Facial Treatment Mask

The first product I tried out was this mask and I will say I was completely iffy about trying this out because I have never tried a cloth mask before. I'm more of a clay or gel mask kind of girl. I, however, was completely stunned with how well this felt after getting adjusted to the cloth on my face.
This is a luxurious facial mask with an indulgent concentration of Pitera in a single application. Your skin is immediately and exceptionally immersed in moisturization, resulting in a visibly radiant and crystal clear complexion.
I have to agree with the company, my skin was immediately hyrdrated and visibly radiant for sure. I felt like it left me with a soft glow and made my skin tight in a good way. There was no drying affect or oily residue after removing the mask. All the moisture absorbed into my skin immediately. It was rather refreshing and cooling.
Texture of the mask is soft and luxurious, each cotton mask is generously soaked with Pitera for maximum delivery to the skin.

Pricing for the mask is as such:
  • 1 Sheet - $17
  • 6 Sheets - $95
  • 10 Sheets - $135
Ingredients: Aqua (Water/ Eau), Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate**, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA.

Purchase from SK-II if you're interested.

Facial Treatment Essence

This essence treatment was such a dream. After applying the mask, I applied this and it added ten times the amount of hydration that the mask had already gave me.
SK-II's signature product, the much-loved and most awarded bestseller, Facial Treatment Essence has over 90% Pitera, the miracle ingredient discovered over 30 years ago that remains essentially unchanged till today. 
Its irreplaceable formula gently exfoliates the face and helps moderate the skin surface renewal cycle. 
  • SK-II Facial Treatment Essence helps to improve the appearance of 5 dimensions of beautiful, crystal clear skin: spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated.
  • Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear.
I love that this is a water based product and is easy to apply and easily absorbs into the skin. This sort of reminds of a toner in which it exfoliates my face while adding moisture back into it. I used this extensively on a dry patch on my cheekbone and it instantly added moisture to it and within three days the dry patch was no more. This is gentle enough for the eye area and neck as well. I normally apply this to my face with a cotton round and smooth it over my entire face before applying moisturizer.
Texture: This pure and lightweight miracle water is quickly absorbed into the skin.

Pricing is as follows:
  • 2.5 oz - $105
  • 5.1 oz - $165
  • 7.3 oz - $205
  • 11 oz - $290
Ingredients: Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate**, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Aqua (Water/ Eau), Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid.

Purchase from SK-II if you're interested.

Essential Power Cream

I love a good hydrating moisturizer that is not sticky, greasy or heavy. Be it a lotion, gel or cream. This was such a lovely moisturizer for me.
SK-II's bestselling and most awarded anti-aging cream, this soft, velvety moisturizer helps combat multiple signs of aging. 
Formulated with a potent anti-aging combination of Stem-Acanax and Pitera, SK-II Essential Power Cream helps strengthen the skin and enhances its natural ability to renew itself, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and radically improving skin firmness.
  • More than 90% of users say their skin feels firmer after just two weeks
  • Skin is visibly firmer and more youthful looking in just 10 days
This moisturizer absorbed so easily into my skin. I wouldn't call it a cream as much as a lotion because it is very watery, but it hydrates so extremely well. It has a sort of pearlescent effect which adds to the look of radiant skin.
Texture: A soft and light cream that easily absorbed by your skin.

Pricing: This only comes in a 2.8 oz container for $215.

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, **Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Isohexadecane, Pentylene Gylcol, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Sodiu, PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Panthenol, Dimethiconol, Methicone, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Methylsilanol Tri-PEG-8 Glyceryl Cocoate, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteraryl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Laureth-7, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Sisesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyquaternium-7, Disoium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Purchase from SK-II if you're interested.
Overall, I'm loving these products to pieces. SK-II has done a fabulous job in creating products that are hydrating without being sticky or greasy. These all absorb quickly so would be ideal for most makeup lovers that are impatient in waiting for their normal skincare products to absorb into the skin. I don't have any bad things to say about these products. I only have an issue with those prices, I wish they were much more affordable, but at the same time I understand the price value because you do see INSTANT results.

SK-II products are grade A in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that everyone leaves. Please don't hesitate to leave one! I love hearing from you :)

Thanks for visiting! <3


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected