8/19/15

First Impressions | CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation

Hello my loves!

Today I am here to share with you all my first impression and review of the CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation. I received this product in my I Do Voxbox from Influenster for review. I wanted to get this foundation ever since I found out it was released because I'm a huge fan of CoverGirl foundation Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation which gives a matte look, so I wanted to see if this would do the opposite -- give me the glow and great coverage.
Initial look | After eyes and lips done.
CoverGirl says the following about their newest foundation:
Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation’s oil-free, non-greasy formula gives your skin a natural luminosity that lasts all day! Perfect for achieving radiant skin, this all day foundation hydrates skin while providing flawless coverage.
I decided to see how this works on my skin. My skin type is normal and I have never had an issue with breakouts or pimples and I don't have sensitive skin. I did powder my face down lightly with a translucent loose powder because I always powder my foundation.

This foundation can be found at most drugstores like Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Target or Walmart and it retails for about $11.30 USD, but always check with your store. It comes in seven shades:
  • 810 Classic Ivory
  • 820 Creamy Natural
  • 825 Buff Beige
  • 842 Medium Beige
  • 855 Soft Honey
  • 860 Classic Tan
  • 875 Soft Sable
There isn't a huge selection to pick from which is the norm for drugstore foundations. Luckily my shade is normally 860 Classic Tan in their foundation.

I was sent shade 855 Soft Honey in my Influenster I Do Voxbox to review and the shade started off great, but it looked to have oxidized over time which means it would probably work best in my normal shade.
After 5 hours of wear...


I will say, I enjoyed wearing this foundation. With one and half pumps I got great coverage and didn't need to apply any more product. The foundation does have a bit of golden flecks in it, but they are not visible on the skin at all. The foundation did give me a slight glow to my skin. It blended like a dream on my skin.
After 9 hours of wear...
After 9 hours of wear the foundation still looked flawless. There was no splotches on my face or separation of foundation. It didn't get greasy or make me look oily. My face felt matte without looking dull.
I did record an eye makeup look so I'm only listing the products I used on my face in this post.

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
CG Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation in 855 Soft Honey
Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser in Honey
Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer in Caramel
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Velvet Plum
NYC Smooth Skin Translucent Loose Powder
CG Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
Lancome Blush Subtil in Shimmer Violet Sunrise
Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow
Lancome Blush Highlighter in Moonlight Rose

Overall, this foundation wears pretty great for a light day. I will try it again in a deeper shade (860 Classic Tan) for a day that I will be out for several days away from home to see how it holds up.

Have you tried CoverGirl's new foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that everyone leaves. Please don't hesitate to leave one! I love hearing from you :)

Thanks for visiting! <3


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected