9/25/13

Tutorial | Enchanted Evening

Hello my lovelies,

I know I normally post three times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but due to the news I've shared with you all (click here to find out), I find that posting twice a week on Wednesdays and Fridays is better for me and allows me to really get some ideas in order, post in tact and good content to you all or at least I think so.

Lately, I've been going through my makeup collection and I noticed that I have a lot of Lancome palettes that I have never used and I really want to start getting use out of them since I got them. Why waste makeup? The first palette I pulled out to try is a Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow Quad called Enchanted Evening, hence the tutorial title. Corny, but I currently have pregnancy brain unfortunately...blah.

These quads cost $43 USD at your nearest Lancome counter. I'm not sure if they have changed the name of this palette, it's discontinued or if it was limited edition because I cannot find it on their website. You can see the other quads here on the site. I got most of my palettes when I freelanced for Lancome last year.
The palette is simply amazing. It contains four shades that either have a sheen or shimmer finish to them. There is a gorgeous vanilla shade that can be applied to the brow bone and inner tear duct for a hint of light. There is a gorgeous shimmery coral-cream shade, which I applied on two thirds of my lids. It looks absolutely stunning when the light reflects off of it. There is a brown with gold reflects that is more of sheen finish and it looks stunning as a transition color or as an outer v color. The last shade is a dark brown with a bit golden-coral reflects in that sort of look green in light. This is great for smoking out your looking for a more evening time event or just giving it more depth.
lancome-color-design-sensational-effects-eyeshadow-quad.jpg
image c/o Beautylish

This look can be worn during the day or night depending on how you want to rock the look. You can smoke it out more or lighten it up if need be. I paired this look with neutral lip and cheeks, but of course for that pop of color you can go with a red, oxblood, pink or orange on the lips and possibly a burgundy, rose or coral on the cheeks. It all depends on your style of makeup, what you're wearing, how you're feeling and of course the location or event that you're going to.

Check out the tutorial below to see me create this look or skip ahead to the products used.



If you're interested in seeing the products I used in detail just check out the list below.
xBROWSx
- L'Oreal Hip Color Truth Cream Liner in Brown
- Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Medium
- Lancôme Brow Expert in Natural

xFACEx
- L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base
- CoverGirk Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 Foundation in 860-Classic Tan
- Lancôme Maquicomplet Concealer in Caramel
- Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
- Palladio Rice Powder in Warm Beige

xCHEEKSx
- CoverGirl Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices
- Lancôme Blush Subtil in Shimmer Mocha Havana

xEYESx
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- Lancôme Quad in Enchanted Evening
- Urban Decay Naked Basics - Venus
- Jordana FabuLiner Liquid Liner
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Smog
- Wet n Wild MegaLength Mascara Waterproof
- Lancôme Définicils Mascara

xLIPSx
- Vaseline Lip Therapy
- CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Sultry

I had a blast playing around in this palette because I never thought I could rock it, but I proved myself wrong! This palette is pigmented and does not have any fallout. I must say, I am really impressed with this palette from Lancome for sure.

What are your thoughts on this look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that everyone leaves. Please don't hesitate to leave one! I love hearing from you :)

Thanks for visiting! <3


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected