9/6/13

First Impressions: L'Oreal and Maybelline

Hello my loves!

Today I'll be doing a three-way first impressions post on two L'Oreal products and a Maybelline product. I have been doing a ton of beauty shopping and barely any hauls, but I did want to start jumping in to doing some first impressions posts and videos. Lately I've been on a primer and foundation kick so I purchased a ton of foundations and priners, drugstore of course, that I've had my eyes on for a long time. Hopefully you all enjoy these posts and get some helpful info from it as well.

This first impressions post is on L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur, L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer. Decided to try out these products first since summer is almost at it's end. I do have a video below showing my thoughts as I applied each product for your viewing.
**Just as a quick sidenote: I'd like to also mention my skin type. I have normal semi-sensitive skin. It gets slightly oily in the summer and slightly drier in the winter. I am pregnant so I have noticed that my skin sucks up moisture really fast, feels a bit more dry at times and that my pores are larger and a bit more noticeable. Overall my skin is noramal and semi-sensitive.**


Just for your noting the products I used are:
- Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Moisturizing Cleanser in Kiwi & Yogurt
- Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner
- Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh Light Feeling Lotion
- Avon Elements Moisture Boost Eye Cream
- Blistex Lip Medex
- L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur
- L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation in W6
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Honey

Now on to my first impressions and final thoughts...
Above is just a quick process shot of the three pictures I took taken at 12pm, 5pm and 12am. I have added the single shots at the end for a better view of each to show how well the foundation and concealer lasted. In total I wore it for about 11.5-12 hours.

L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur
I must say that this product feels absolutely amazing on the skin! The price at most drugstores that I've seen is $22-25USD with tax not included so depending on where you shop it will cost about $25-28USD. Is it pricey? Definitely for a drugstore primer, but in comparison to the Benefit POREfessional Primer which is $30USD I don't mind it. Why? The Miracle Blur contains 1.18 fl oz of product whereas The POREfessional Primer contains .75fl oz; much better when you think about it. Anywho since this isn't a review I'll move forward. This primer feels absolutely amazing on my skin. It comes in a great handy squeeze tube container. When first applying it felt slightly greasy, but it soon went away after setting. This primer is thick in consistency, but once you apply it onto the skin it feels smooth. It does fill in my pores and make my face feel smooth as a baby's bottom. Loved the primer.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation
I was interested in this foundation because of the luminous, dewy glow it naturally gave the skin. I love a luminous glow in anything -- blush, bronzer, highlighter, you name it. I just think it gives the skin such a healthy look. I purchased mine in shade in W6-Sun Beige. When I first applied the foundation onto my palette I noticed that it was semi-liquidity meaning it wasn't too watery. I used 1 and a half pumps to cover my entire face. I dotted the foundation on my face with my fingers and then went in with a flat top kabuki brush to blend it out. I love how the brush gave me a flawless airbrush look so I may stick to using a flat top kabuki brush with this foundation. I will say this foundation gives me medium coverage as it does cover up my imperfections such as the red prominent dot on my face and any other marks on my skin. It did not feel cakey on my face whatsoever and I felt like my skin was able to breathe and not feel suffocated my makeup. It does take a while for this foundation to set, but in general it's amazing so far.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
The infamous Instant Age Rewind Concealer that many people adore. I purchased 3 shades of this concealer, but the one in today's post is shade Honey. I purchased it a shade lighter to really highlight and brighten my under eye area since I do have dark circles. At first this concealer felt extremely drying for my undereyes, but as a began to blend it out with my fingers it melted and blended seemlessly. It did cover my dark circles th just one coat, but I'm sure two coats would be better for me.

Process Shots Through Day
Taken at 12pm after makeup tutorial.
Taken at 5pm before heading out the door.
Taken at around 12am after a long night in church.
What do you think of these process shots? Did the foundation and concealer work for me?

Final Thoughts
The L'Oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur primer is outstanding! Very comparable to Benefit's POREfessional, but much more affordable with more product. Definitely allowed my foundation to last long throughout an 11 hour day with out any touch-ups. The L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation is stunning beyond words. The glow that it gave me throughout the day was amazing. The foundation stuck to my face through the heat and sweat. It did not budge. I did have to blot my face, but no foundation meltdown. I will say that at the end of the day the luminous glow ended up looking like oil, but considering that I had it on for 11 hours, that's fine with me. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer was okay. It held up for about 6-7 hours and then started to fade (as you can see in the picture). I won't write off the concealer as of yet, I will give it another shot or so and then do a review on it.

Overall, I'm highly impressed with all three products. They worked extremely well together and lasted an 11 hour day without touch-ups. After this I'm ready to test out my other foundation purchases!

Have you tried out any of these products? If so, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment that everyone leaves. Please don't hesitate to leave one! I love hearing from you :)

Thanks for visiting! <3


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected